Steve Koci's DIY RC Controller
Product ID : SKU17509
The selected item is out of stock, please select a different item or combination
New for 2020, it's Steve Koci's DIY RC Controller!
Addicore partnered with Steve Koci of DIY Animatronics for this kit. Steve is a writer for SERVO Magazine and had his animatronic column featured in the book The Ultimate Guide To DIY Animatronics which was published by SERVO Magazine.
The DIY RC Controller Addikit is a general-purpose RC controller and receiver based off the ATmega328P and the NRF24L01+ 2.4GHz wireless transceiver. With two XY joysticks, two slide pots, six buttons, and two toggle switches, the DIY RC Controller gives you many different ways to control animatronic displays, puppets, robotics, vehicles, drones, and much more!
Out of the box the included Arduino sketches allow for the control of six servos and six digital outputs. There is extra IO on board the receiver that can be utilized if you are willing to roll up your sleeves and tweak the code.
Want to control more than one receiver? The DIY RC Controller Addikit has the ability to control up to four receivers in multi-mode.
The Addikit comes with one FEETECH (Fitec) FS90 9G mini servo and 1 Boffintronics RC receiver board to get you started. Additional servos and/or receiver boards are available.
The DIY RC Controller Addikit is powered by four AA batteries (not included) or you can upgrade your controller with a 2x 18650 lithium battery holder.
The kit includes:
- Printed Circuit Board Set (Main, Power, and Top)
- AD113 - FEETECH (Fitec) FS90 9G Mini Servo with Accessories - 1 pc
- AD117 - AXIAL - 0.1 µF (100 nF) Capacitor Multilayer Ceramic 50V - 3 pcs
- AD139 - Dual - Axis XY Joystick with Pushbutton (Joystick Only) - 2 pcs
- AD165 - 3.3V Voltage Regulator 950mA LD1117V33 (LD33V) - 1 pc
- AD177 - 35V - 10 µF Electrolytic Capacitor - 35 Volt - 2 pcs
- AD193 - BLK - Black Male Header 1x40 Pins 0.1" (2.54 mm) Spacing
- 2-Pin - 1 pc
- 3-Pin - 1 pc
- 5-Pin - 1 pc
- 6-Pin - 2 pcs
- 12-Pin - 2 pcs
- AC206 - GR - CL - 5 - Green 5 mm LED - 1 pc
- AC209 - BL - CL - 5 - Blue 5 mm LED - 1 pc
- AD249 - ATmega328P Pro Mini 5V 16 MHz - 1 pc
- AD269 - nRF24L01+PA+LNA with Antenna 2.4 GHz Wireless Transceiver - 1 pc
- AD273 - USB to Serial Converter Module (CP2102) - 1 pc
- AD493 - Diode - 1N4004 - 1 pc
- AD516 - Boffintronics RC Receiver - 1 pc
- AD518 - Black Short Female Header 1x40 Pins 0.1" (2.54 mm) Spacing
- AD521 - AA 4 - Battery Holder with Barrel Jack Plug - 1 pc
- AD522 - Toggle Switch (SPDT) - Right Angle - 1 pc
- AD523 - Panel Mount Toggle Switch (SPDT) - 2 pcs
- AD525 - Tall Tact Mini Push Button Switch (6x6x17 mm) - 4 pcs
- AD526 - Right Angle Tact Mini Pushbutton Switch - 2 pcs
- AD527 - Analog Slide Potentiometer 10K ohm - 2 pcs
- AD528 - Knob for Slide Potentiometer - 2 pcs
- AD529 - Screw 4 - 40 x 3/16 Phillips w/ Internal Lock Washer - 6 pcs
- AD530 - Screw 4 - 40 x 1/4 Phillips Flat Head Black Oxide - 2 pcs
- AD531 - Nut 4 - 40 w/ External - Tooth Lock Washer - 8 pcs
- AD532 - Jack Screw 4 - 40 Female - 24 pcs
- R381KSS - 1K ohm 1/4W Precision Resistor - 1 pc
- R5527KS - 27K ohm 1/4W Precision Resistor - 1 pc
Required Tools and Materials (not included):
- Soldering Iron and Solder
- Solder Wick or Desoldering Pump
- Flush Cutters
- Phillips Screw Driver
- 3/16" Nut Driver or Wrench
- 1/4" Nut Driver or Wrench
- 5/16" Nut Driver or Wrench