This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer or is no longer available. We are retaining it in our store to support our customers with legacy information, downloads and photos for reference.
The AVR Butterfly is an evaluation kit for the ATMEGA169 microcontroller that was custom designed with an AVR core and peripherals to make it both a general-purpose microcontroller and an LCD controller. This little board is by far the lowest cost system for learning and developing.
It is simply amazing what the Butterfly++ has built in:
Other Components Included:
- 100 segment LCD display
- 4 Mbit (that’s 512,000 bytes!) dataflash memory
- Real Time Clock 32.768 kHz oscillator
- 4-way joystick, with center push button
- Temperature sensor
- ADC voltage reading, 0-5V
- Piezo speaker for sound generation
- Header connector pads for access to peripherals
- RS-232 level converter for PC communications
- Bootloader for PC based programming without special hardware
- Pre-programmed demos with source code
- Built-in safety pin for hanging from you shirt (GEEK POWER!)
- CdS Light Meter
- DB-9 Female connector and wire for RS-232 serial communication
- Battery holder with switch for 2 AA size batteries
- LED and resistor for power-on indicator
- 2 2x5-pin female headers for I/O ports
- 2-pin female header for voltage reader
- 4-pin female header for USI port
AVR Butterfly can be reprogrammed from AVR Studio using just a serial cable. This allows the tool to be used as a development kit for the onboard ATmega169, or even as target hardware for simple applications. The bootloader source code is available as application note AVR109.
The Butterfly++ Mini Kit requires soldering devices to the Butterfly and thus this product is non-returnable.
Download .pdf file with Assembly Instructions:
"Butterfly++ Mini-Kit Assembly Instructions"