Altura Theremin MIDI Controller Kit
Product ID : SKU15870
The selected item is out of stock, please select a different item or combination
The Altura is a MIDI controller that emulates the Theremin, the classic early electronic musical instrument. As you move your hands in the air, the Altura transmits MIDI data to your synthesizer to control pitch, volume, velocity, bend, modulation, portamento, and more! (MIDI cable not included) Use it to control any MIDI synthesizer, such as the Macchiato Mini Synth.
The Altura kit can be completed in an evening. It’s an easy build, suitable for ages as young as 13 (with supervision).
Make your own cabinet using cardstock or any other materials you perfer with the provided template.
Requires 9V DC power. (battery not included).
If you are an Arduino enthusiast, you can hack the open-source software that runs the Altura, or download updates and flash them to your controller.
ALTURA FEATURE SET
- Right Sensor – MIDI Pitch (Note On/Off)
- Octave Select – set 1 to 8 octaves, ascending or descending
- Key Select
- Scale Select – choose from 12 different modes
- Left Sensor – Send Control Change
- Pitch Bend
- Channel Volume
- Portamento Time
- Data value is adjustable to any range from 0-127, ascending or descending
- X-Y Mode: Both left and right sensors send Control Change data, any value, any two controllers
- Channel Select
- Articulation (responsiveness) adjust
- 9V DC Power Input — wall wart or battery
- MIDI Out
- Power On indicator
- 3-digit display
- ISP Header
Many MIDI devices do not conform to the General MIDI specification. In these cases, you may need to fiddle with your synthesizer some before it will respond properly to the Altura.
Click here for the Quick Start Guide and Reference Manual