The Macchiato Mini Synth is a fun, great-sounding, easy-to-use versatile little 8-bit synthesizer that fits in the palm of your hand. It features a built-in 13-note capacitive-touch keyboard with 2-note polyphony, MIDI IN, and eight control knobs for shaping your sound.
The synth kit can be completed in an evening. It’s an easy build, suitable for ages as young as 13 (with supervision).
Make your own cabinet using cardstock or any other materials you perfer using the provided template.
Requires 9V DC power. (battery not included).
If you are an Arduino enthusiast, you can hack the open-source software that runs the Macchiato, or download updates and flash them to your synth for a whole new sound.
Fun for DIY audio enthusiasts, geeks, hacks, 8-bit nerds, chip music heroes , teachers, musicians, kids, aunts, gramps and champs. Get connected to your music and build your own gear!
- Capacitive Touch Keyboard, 13 keys, 2-note polyphony
- MIDI IN to control your Macchiato with any MIDI device:
- Responds to Pitch Bend, Modulation, Velocity, Volume and Portamento
- Wave Shape Select: Sine, Triangle, Saw, Square
- 4-Octave Shift: C2-C3 through C5-C6
- Adjustable Attack & Release
- LFO Shape Select: Sine, Saw, Ramp, Square
- Adjustable LFO Rate, Depth and Cutoff Frequency
- Volume Control
- LED Power Indicator
- 1″ On-board Speaker
- Audio Out — accepts 3.5mm (1/8”) TRS or TRRS male jack
- ISP Header for PC connection (to upload software updates/mods)
- Requires 9V DC power from battery or center-negative wall adaptor
Click here for the Macchiato Mini Synth Assembly Manual
Click here for the Macchiato Quick Start Guide and Reference Manual
Check out the video below.