NOTE: This title now fulfilled through Print On Demand (POD)- click here for details.
NO ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE REQUIRED! 6 BRAND NEW PROJECTS!
What can you do with PIC microcontrollers? Practically anything -- from creating "photovore" robots that hunt light to feed their solar cells to making toasters announce, "Your toast is ready!" These low-cost computers-in-a-chip let electronics designers and hobbyists add intelligence, responsiveness, and functions that mimic big computers to any electronic product or project, including robotics.
Fully updated for use with the PICBasic Pro as well as the original PICBasic, this new edition of the PIC Microcontroller Project Book gives you hands-on directions for putting Microchip's RISC-based chips to work. Starting with simple projects and experiments, this book leads you gradually into sophisticated programming techniques. You need absolutely no programming experience to get started. John Iovine coaches you through every single step. Written with the beginner in mind, PIC Microcontroller Project Book gives you A-B-C guidance on how to:
* Get the equipment you need (includes lists of suppliers)
* Program your chip, from plugging in the breadboard to running the compiler, with lines of code to copy
* Use CodeDesigner and the latest Windows software
* Make your chip count numerically
* Deliver messages on a liquid crystal display
* Synthesize human speech
* Control DC motors, stepper motors, and servos
* Convert any analog signal to digital
* Add sensing abilities to robots
* Build decision-making neural and "fuzzy logic" functions into your projects