JunkBots, Bugbots, and Bots on Wheels
Product ID : SKU16199
The selected item is out of stock, please select a different item or combination
Ever Wonder What to do with Those Discarded Items in Your Junk Drawer?
Now you can use electronic parts from old Walkmans, spare remote controls, even paper clips to build your very own autonomous robots and gizmos. Get step-by-step instructions from the Junkbot masters for creating simple and fun self-guiding robots safely and easily using common and not-so-common objects from around the house — or within a quick shopping trip away. Using BEAM technology, ordinary tools, salvaged electronic bits, and the occasional dead toy, you'll be able to construct a solar-powered obstacle-avoiding device, engineer a mini-sumo-wrestling robot, build a motorized walking robot bug, and much more. So grab your screwdriver, raid that dumpster, and join the robot-building revolution!You Get:
- An overview of basic electronics, robot construction methods, and learn the difference between "dead bug" and "live bug" electronics
- Identify the essential tools you need for mechanical assembly and gain important safety tips
- Find out why BEAM robotics is a growing alternative to traditional CPU-based robotics
- Learn "dumpster diving" strategies for collecting prime robot construction material that's available no other way
- Use a cell phone battery or solar panel from a calculator to create dual-power sources for your robot
- Understand how to use soldering equipment and various support tools.